Department of Futures Studies was founded in 2002 to postulate the future of social and cultural trends of science and technology in Iran and in the world , futures studies on social and cultural dimensions of new technologies in the country, to study current research needs of the country, to determine research priorities to meet Iran’s future needs, study to determine priorities of establishing and developing research centers in terms of fields of study and geographical distribution, needs assessment and estimating research funding at macro level and according to the required research disciplines, study on the development of graduate studies at universities and to get benefit from the conducted research.
Some of the most important research projects
- The past, the present, and the future of popularization of science and its role in knowledge-based development, 2006;
- Investigating the principals and structure of centers of excellence of the country, 2006;
- Monitoring and investigating the conducted projects in the field of futures studies in selected developed and developing countries, 2007;
- The most appropriate technologies for Iran in 2025: A pilot foresight in two stages, 2008;
- Developing educational texts for the workshop on “ fundamentals of futures studies and its methods”, 2014;
- Designing organizational structure of the Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Science, Research and Technology, 2014;
- Plans and programs for transformation in the Ministry of Science, research and Technology, 2014.
اطلاعاتی یافت نشد.