The meeting on “Evaluating the Traditional and Innovative Indicators of Measuring Science, Technology and Innovation with an Emphasis on Altmetrics” was held at NRISP On Monday, December 18, 2017 in the Week of Research and Technology.
The meeting was hosted by the NRISP Department of Scientometrics and Dr. Shima Moradi, Dr. Elmira Janavi, Dr. Farideh Osareh, Dr. Mohammad Reza Ghane, Dr. Saeed Asadi, Dr. Ali Reza Norouzi, Dr. Amir Reza Asnafi and Dr. Firoozeh Dokhani gave lectures on the following topics:
- The benefits of scientometrics in the evaluation of science;
- Reasons for presenting altmetrics;
- The role of altmetrics in science and research policy;
- Challenges of the use of altmetrics in Iran;
- A reflection on the scientific complexity approach;
- Efficiency of altmetrics;
- Gaps in the application of social networks in universities and approaches.
The meeting ended with some discussions and raising critical issues on the above-mentioned topics.